Thursday, November 5, 2015

Amsterdam Dance Event 2015


Hello again!

I just came back from spending a few weeks in London.  While I was there I popped over to Amsterdam for ADE.

I have been to several music conferences around the world.  ADE or Amsterdam Dance Event is the largest I have been to by a long way, in terms of the number of panels and panelists involved.  Most people set up appointments outside the Felix Hotel where swarms of music business personnel are standing during the four days of the conference.  By doing that you can grab quick coffees with people who are at the tippy-top of the game.  Since I went to ADE in 2013 I know quite a few faces which meant that standing outside the Felix also allowed me to ambush people I had not made appointments with.  Tee hee!  I was promoting 5 records at ADE for which I had made all of the music and vocals.  Since so many professionals were attending from all areas of the music business I could focus my efforts on only meeting creative managers and music producers.  That is in short, the music makers and curators themselves rather than people working in other areas of the music business.  I hoped they could give me tips on improving my work or agree to do collaborations with me. 



http://www.amsterdam-dance-event.nl





 

I felt I could hold my own from a production standpoint and I was hoping the people I met with found I could bring enough value to the table to include me somewhere in the creative process.  Most hit records have passed through the hands of as many as ten creatives.  I want to belong to that army.  Because of the vast number of professionals gathering in one place I was able to book 30+ appointments and I spent the entire 4 days going from meeting to meeting without much respite.  If you invest enough time reaching out to people ahead of the conference your time can be superbly maximized at this event.  The event is also attended by publishers, audio-visual companies, entertainment lawyers, booking agents, event promoters, talent buyers for clubs and venues, marketing and social media experts and many more experts in the field.  There were over 300 names this year.  I added hundreds of names to my network and it was well worth the trip!

I'll be back soon and in the meantime feel free to check out new content on my website www.mackiemusic.com and subscribe to my blog!   Enjoy! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment